About Internship at ADFH
The Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital is the largest falcon hospital in the world and leading institution for falcon medicine and research. Committed to highest standards and quality of comprehensive treatment and care of falcons and other raptors, the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital’s dedication is reflected in its exclusive and wide-ranging internship programs. Moreover, the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital has a highly specialized fully equipped avian laboratory that acts as the Avian Reference Laboratory for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
All courses are divided into a practical and a theoretical part. The practical part depends on the type and duration of the program.
Theory classes will be held throughout the internship period. Handouts of learning material will accompany these theory sessions. The trainees are expected to complete assignments for each of these classes which have to be given in form of presentations. The trainees are encouraged to refer to the extensive Avian Medicine library in ADFH in preparation for their training and for the assignments.
- An exciting and rewarding opportunity to undergo an intensive falcon medicine internship for veterinary students and graduated veterinarians at our highly specialized avian hospital
- Specialized internships for veterinary nurses/assistants, falconers and raptor rehabilitators
- Specialized avian laboratory internship program
- Training with latest equipment and technology in the field of avian medicine
- Wide range of different cases with our yearly case load of more than 11,200 patients
- Combines comprehensive practical and theoretical course part
- Assignments for the theoretical course part
- Final examination
On successful completion of all internship parts, the trainee will be awarded an internship certificate.
The Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital is located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, a beautiful and safe country with desert, see, beaches and mountains and with traditional cultural heritage unique to the region.
The internship fees have to be paid before the starting of the internship period depending on the length of his/her training period. The fees are specified in the respective internship program and include course fees, accommodation, food and visa, if required.
The trainee has to cover his/her own travelling expenses and other pocket expenses.
So far, our internship programs have been attended by veterinary students, graduated veterinarians, veterinary technicians/nurses, falconers and raptor rehabilitator from all over the world. Some of the countries that trainees attended the courses are:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Costa Rica
- United States
- New Zealand